Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eldritch: Halloween 008


Ahhh, October. I miss you already. I adore the warm days followed by crisp nights, the smell of dried corn stalks and warm apple cider. And I adore the haunts.

When I was a kid, the smell of artificial fog gave me a headache, and made me queasy. Now I ADORE it because I associate it with haunted houses and trails. I love them so much… I’m a wee little bit of an adrenalin junkie, so haunts and roller coasters are like a breath of fresh air to me. Thus I’m lucky that the nearest amusement park combines both for the Halloween season. But, of course, I also visit local haunts. There’s one that’s actually close enough to hear sometimes, and it’s always amusing to me to be gathering some herbs for spaghetti or whatever, look up to see the full moon, and distant hear cries and screams followed by the faint roar of a chainsaw. It’ll shoot a thrill through ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment