Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Eldritch: Layline 023


     It’s almost Halloweeeeeeen!  I’m so excited; it’s my very “favoritest” holiday ever guys! I have so much planned… I recorded myself telling a dorky campfire story for my youtube account (so I could post it on my little jorunaly thing); I have a little project I’ve been working on that I will post on Halloween; I can’t wait to bake treats for the party I’m going to… and I can’t wait to get into costume!  

     Erm… well, after that excited outburst, I suppose I ought to talk about the actual comic, shouldn’t I?
     This page, in the original script, was a bit different.  Faith was still reading a book about werewolves while listening to the news… but she was just reading parts of the book aloud.  Not exactly riveting, but, I figure reading up on the subject is a natural way to approach lycanthropy.  But then again, I practically lived in the library, so what do I know?
      However, a little over a year ago, something happened: I found an odd lump on my cat’s neck.  As it turns out, it was cancer. 
      I had plans on adding my cat Midnight (Middy for short) in the fourth chapter of this story, but upon finding out she was ill, decided to work her in as soon as I could.  However, I was in the middle of <I>Changes</I> at the time, and everyplace I tried to add her in, it felt extremely forced.  It wasn’t until I came to this little spot of down-time in the script that I found a place where it felt reasonable to slip her in early.  And, at the end of it all, after reworking the script to add my cat in a little sooner than expected, I feel it actually flows better in the long run.  It required a bit of work though.  Word to the wise:  Reworking scripts is hard.
     Anyway, my family pulled together, and we’ve been treating her.  After kitty chemo, and surgery… the vet says Middy just might be cured by the end of the year.  I know, it probably seems silly to treat a cat… but, well, sometimes you just gotta try.  Regardless, that news is the best Halloween Treat I’ve ever received.
     I know my Halloween is going to be great, and I hope you guys have a Howling good time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment